TORCH Fellowship Trailblazers in Oral Health Research Scholars of African-American Heritage Fellowship Award (Up to $45,000)
Application deadline is midnight March 24th, 2023.
The Colgate/National Dental Association Foundation Trailblazers in Oral Health Research Scholars of African-American Heritage (TORCH) program was created to recognize the best and brightest scientists and dental scientists of African-American descent, and to help move oral health science impacting communities of color forward. This program is a direct commitment by Colgate and the NDAF to meet the need for scientists of color and diversity in science. Top scholars will be chosen and provided awards that include salary support up to to $45,000. Monetary awards will be given for research related supplies and travel up to $25,000. The TORCH Scholarship provides opportunities for mentorship, professional development, and industry exposure.
The rigorous application process will help highlight the remarkable scientific talent in communities of color. NDAF awards will be announced during the Annual National Dental Association Convention.
Must be a current post doc at the time of application with strong letters of support, provide evidence of the ability to work independently, and commit to work in the field of oral health research for at least one year post training. Academic awards and recognition will be considered. Applicants are required to upload documents to be submitted with their application.
- • Provide an abstract of intended, current or completed research related to microbiology, biochemistry, biomaterials, pharmacology/toxicology, health disparities, and other oral health fields
- • Provide proof of enrollment or completion of PhD, DDS/DMD program, and/or other research experiences.
- • Must be able to attend and present your research during both 2023 NDAF and NDAF/Colgate Research Days.
Include with Application
- • Three letters of recommendation are required which includes one letter from your academic mentor. Letters of recommendation will be heavily weighed.
- • Submit curriculum vitae, professional photo and your graduate/professional school achievements.
- • Description of the program you are entering in 500 words or less.
- • The total cost of graduate program.
- • The stipend amount you will receive, if any.
- • Submit a written narrative detailing your oral health research journey and aspirations in 1000 words or less.